Last Modified: April 11, 2016
Booxie, LLC (“We” or the “Company”) operates the Booxie service (the “Service”), which includes our website at www.Booxie.com (our “Websites”). For purposes of clarification, references to the Websites and the Service also includes any mobile or software applications used to facilitate use of the Booxie service.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Service is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Service. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Service or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Privacy Practices
Information We Collect
When you use the Service, we may collect information about you or your use of the Service. Examples of this information are (but not limited to):
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number, third party login information, or payment method information (“personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Service and usage details.
- information about your device, such as the type and model, manufacturer, operating system (e.g. iOS or Android), carrier name, IP address, mobile browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari), and identifiers assigned to your device, such as its iOS Identifier for Advertising (IDFA), Android Advertising ID, or unique device identifier (a number uniquely allocated to your device by your device manufacturer);
- log information, including the app or website visited, the time and your time zone, network connection type (e.g., WiFi, cellular), and cookie information;
- the geo-location of your device (using GPS or other geo-location data), when location services have been enabled for the browser accessing our Service;
non-personally identifying information that third parties have collected and share with us to help better provide the Service.
Information We Collect Directly
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us, or as we process your transactions, for example:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our Service, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Service, or information you provide when requesting further services relating to the Service;
- records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us;
- your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and
- details of transactions you carry out through our Service.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you interact with our Service, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- details of your use of our Service, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Service; and
- information about your device and internet connection.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Service and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Service according to your individual interests; and
- recognize you each time you use the Service.
We may use third party analytics services to provide us with analytic data collection and reporting. We will not provide any personally identifiable information to such third parties.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to provide and improve our Service. For example, we use it to help users improve their use of our Service, and to optimize and improve our technologies and delivery of our Service. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Service and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide such personal information.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Service or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Service.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
For any other purpose as long as you provide us with your consent for use for such purpose.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (the order form or registration form) or adjust your user preferences in your account profile, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and follow the opt-out instructions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of issuing or holding securities, product service experience, or other transactions.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Service and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Your web browser may provide a “Do Not Track” browser setting. When you have enabled this setting in your browser, we will not use web browsing information from that browser to infer your interests or serve ads to that device that are targeting based on your inferred interests.
The activities of any third parties are subject to their own privacy policies and are not covered by this policy. If you have opted out of tracking by various third parties and you get a new computer, install a new browser, or otherwise change or update your browser or its cookie files, you may also clear cookies from such third parties related to your opt-out request.
Data Collection Technologies
The technologies for data collection may include:
Other Technologies. Certain web pages on and/or parts of our Websites and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
Disclosure of Your Information
- We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- to our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about end users or our Service users is among the assets transferred;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or
- with your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About Tracking Technologies and Advertising
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Service that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to PrivacyMatters@Booxie.com.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to safeguard the information that you submit to us.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service.