Welcome to Booxie!
As a fun and enjoyable space for anyone over the age of 13, Booxie gives you the freedom to express yourself creatively and share your inspirations. We only ask that you stay within the basic common sense standards of a welcoming community by respecting others on Booxie, posting only material to which you have the rights to post, and following the law.
The Booxie community is built on a sense of civility and mutual respect. Booxies that step outside of the following Community Guidelines may be removed and emails will be sent explaining why these Booxies were taken down. Also, please note: Booxie users have the ability to turn off comments for each individual post.
We greatly appreciate your help in making Booxie a safe and enjoyable community. Thank you!
By using Booxie, you agree to these Community Guidelines as well as our Terms of Service. All content may be evaluated and reviewed by us at any time, and we reserve the right to remove inappropriate content or block accounts that have overstepped the boundaries set forth herein.
KEEP IT CLEAN. KEEP IT LEGAL. KEEP IT RESPECTFUL.
THINGS TO DO:
- Respect the copyright of others. Only upload content you have created or have the right to share. For more information regarding your rights and responsibilities with respect to copyrights of others, please visit our copyrights page.
- Play nice. Be polite and respectful in your interactions on Booxie. Anyone in our community can report content or comments that are abusive, inappropriate, or possibly illegal. You can always block an individual user from your feed. Booxie users also have the ability to turn off comments on any individual Booxie and you have controls to keep posts private anytime.
- Create content that is appropriate for a diverse audience 13 and up. Nude imagery that is artistic or creative in nature will still be screened carefully and may be blocked. Sexual content and content with nude or partially nude children will be blocked.
- Follow the law. Content promoting or supporting bullying, violence, self-harm, hate speech, degradation, blackmail, organized crime, illegal drugs, sexual services, terrorism or threats to public safety are not allowed. We may work with law enforcement when we believe that there’s risk of physical harm or threat to public safety.
- Have fun! Booxie was made to inspire and empower your creativity. Tell your story, your way. Discover more about the things you love and follow others who share those passions in a wide range of categories and interests.
THINGS NOT TO DO:
If Booxie content is deemed to be inappropriate according to these guidelines, users will be warned and/or material may be blocked, removed, or not processed by Booxie for further display or distribution. Repeated violations will result in blocked accounts.
Explicit content such as pornography or graphic violence, or that exploits children in any way, will be blocked.
There can be no promotion or discussion of how to commit illegal activity; Unauthorized commercial activity is also not allowed.
Please don’t rant or harass other community members; no stalking or posting of personal details or private information. Do not set up accounts to impersonate other people.
Do not post content that you do not have the rights to post. Please see our copyrights page for more information.
We reserve the right to remove posts that, in our sole discretion:
- are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
- are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
- break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity
include user contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses, especially when such information would allow adults to contact users under the age of 18
- contain links to other websites which break our guidelines
- describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
- are considered to be ‘spam’; that is, posts containing the same or similar message posted multiple times.
Report abuse: This helps you look after the community too. We do ask that you log in to report things – we think it’s the best way to avoid abuse of the reporting function – and also that you refrain from filing false reports.
SOME FURTHER WORDS ABOUT COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK
We respect community members’ right to own what they create, and expect community members to extend this right to others. Therefore, please refrain from inappropriately using material that is protected by copyright and/or trademark of another person or entity. Many disputes and misunderstandings can be resolved directly between members of the community. If one of your photos or videos was posted by someone else and you object to their use, you could try commenting on the post and asking the person to take it down, being careful not to target the person who posted it by posting screenshots, making disparaging remarks, or drawing attention to the use in a way that could be classified as harassment. If that doesn’t work, or if you prefer to involve us immediately, you can email our designated copyright agent at DMCAagent@booxie.com. If you believe someone is violating your trademark, you can file a similar report. Please be sure to include sufficient detail that we may make a decision and act on your report, including: 1) the User Name and Booxie Title; 2) what the violation is; 3) who is being violated; and 4) your name and contact information. Please, do not, under any circumstances, submit a false report, as there may be legal consequences for false reports.